Library & Information Centre
As name indicates Library is knowledge hub and conglomeration of Central Library, Digital Library with Reading room.
The Central Library occupies 6000 sq.ft. with a seating capacity of 100 students and it houses more than 13,110 Volumes /Books and 4350 Reference books 31 Journals 150 CDs including some of the rarest books of Ayurveda along with high configured systems having Optic Fibre 100 MBPS connectively for Hi-speed internet browsing with Wifi Enabality. The whole Library is under the Surveillance of CCTV. Library has Helinet Consortium of RGUHS, which is having an access to more than 500 full text journals. The services of the Library is partially Automated with Easylib Soft Ware. Online publication catalogue (OPAC). In addition to the Central Library all the Department are provided with Department Library.
Library is also provides services to Department Library which is established in each Department under the guidance of HOD’s, latest edition of books and Journals are procured and issued to the Department as per their requirement so as to facilitate to the Staff and students.
Mission: JSS Ayurveda Medical College Library cultivates an environment where the students, faculty and staff are diverse community of learner’s, discover create communicate and provide knowledge and Enlighten.
Vision: JSS Ayurveda Medical College Library will be a vital part, Physical and Virtual of Learning and Research and support the academic needs of our campus offering a rich collection of knowledge providing innovative ways of user services by utilizing leading technology and fostering Literary learners by user Education.
Rules and Regulations
- The Library will be open on all working days from 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- All the Students/Staff should register their details at the time of entry into the Library user’s register maintained at the entrance of the Library.
- Every one must produce his/her Identity Card at the entrance.
- Users should deposit their belongings in the Property counter at their own risk.
- Mobile phones are strictly prohibited inside the Library premises. If found using heavy penalty will be charged.
- After reading and attending to reference, they should be left on the table necessarily. The staff will restore them to the rightful place.
- Absolute silence must be maintained in the reading room. Any attempt by the reader to disturb or distract the attention of the readers is strictly avoided.
- Sitting/standing and talking in the corridor of the Library is strictly prohibited.
- Reference Books and Periodicals are not issued, they are meant for Reference only.
- Books loaned to any members must be personally collected after signing in the Staff Issue Register. Slip/Chit indents are not entertained.
- Every Borrower is expected to treat the Book with respect and not to damage by marking in the books, tearing of pages. The Library decorum must be maintained.
- The persons making use of Library shall necessarily observe the descent code of dress and general good behaviour to maintain the dignity and reputation of Library.
- Politeness and decency at all levels is expected and appreciated.
- Ragging in any form anywhere in the Library premises is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking, eatables and drinks are strictly prohibited.
- Misbehaviour with anyone (especially lady students) including the Library staff would be a serious offence.
- As per National/International copyright rule prior permission of the author/editors is inevitable and compulsory before Xeroxing of Books/Journals.
- Double the cost of books/Journals along with fine will be recovered from those who have involved in mutilation/tearing of pages etc.,
- Members who fail to return the books within the stipulated period will be fined.
- The interns are permitted to use the Library for reference only. Identity Card is compulsory.
- Suggestions if any for improving services are welcomed.
- Please co-operate with administration to serve you better.