Department of PG Studied in Shalya Tantra
Shalyatantra is one among the distinct branches of Ashtanga Ayurveda. Shalyatantra explains and demonstrates surgical knowledge and procedures that were performed and used since thosands of years and are useful even today. Surgical knowledge and treatments of diseases described in Sushruta Samhita can be used in diseases with minimum complications and side effects. The main focus of Shalyatantra is to make the Students aware of the fundamentals of surgical diseases, various disabilities ,deformities, traumas, fractures, congenital and acquired illnesses etc. Teaching and training of general surgery as well as ano-rectal surgeries constitutes the surgical discipline. Ksharasutra (chemical cautery), Agnikarma( thermal cautery), Raktamokshana (blood letting) are the outstanding Parasurgical techiques practiced.
VISION: To be a renowned centre for excellence for healing diseases by holistic approach and to build competitive, skilful Ayurvedic practitioners globally by providing quality education and practical training in Ayurveda.
- To provide an efficient Shalya Tantra practitioner to meet health problems of the society.
- To make authentic utility of Shalya Tantra into evidence based practice.
- To propagate the efficacy of Ksharasutra in treating Fistula-in-ano among the general public.
- To highlight the importance of Parasurgical procedures like Agnikarma (thermal cautery) Kshara Karma (Chemical Cautery) and Raktamokshana (blood letting) in diseases like Sciatica, Corn, Haemorrhoids, Fistula-in-ano, Psoriasis, Varicose Vein, etc.
- To propagate Ayurvedic principles for the promotion and maintenance of heath.