Rules & Regulations
JSS Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital (JSSAMC & H) gives utmost propriety for disciplines and every student is bound to follow the rules and regulations of the college and maintain strict discipline.
Under disciplinary action, the Principal and Administration are empowered to fine suspend or even expel a student from JSSAMC in the interest of the institution.
The students can be deputed to serve in any department of college/hospital/clinic in urban or rural area at any time during his/her theory/practical/hospital training at his/her own expenses.
Every student is required to familiarize himself or herself with the rules laid and also formulated and announced by JSSAMC from time to time.
- All the admissions are subject to the rules and regulations of the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru and the admission will be approved based on the criteria and submission of testimonials in original as stipulated by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru.
- Students once admitted to JSSAMC will not be permitted to withdraw, he or she do so, fees paid shall not be refunded at any circumstances. On the other hand, he or she is liable to pay the fees of full course to get released from JSSAMC. Payment of fees in time is the responsibility of the student/parent and delay of the same shall penal charge decided by the management from time to time.
Attendance & Leave of Absence
- JSSAMC insist each and every student to put in a minimum attendance of 85% in each course with a provision of condonation of 10% of the attendance due to illness, participation in co-curricular activities such as seminars, workshops, paper presentation etc. and extracurricular activities such as sports, cultural activities etc.
- Leave application should be filled and submitted and need to get approved before proceeding on leave.
- The student shall be informed about their shortage of attendance periodically by tge department to make up the shortage.
- Classes begin at 9.00 am and closes at 4.00 pm. None will be allowed to go out of JSSAMC campus between these hours. If in case of emergency to go out of the campus, student needs to get the gate pass duly signed by the Principal and AAO and submit the same to security at the Main Entrance.
- Attendance will be taken at the beginning of each period. Late comers shall enter classrooms only with the permission of the teacher.
- Students absenting themselves from JSSAMC for more than fifteen consecutive working days without satisfactory explanation will have their names removed from the roll and treated as temporary removal.
- Disciplinary action including removal from the rolls will be taken against those who repeatedly absent themselves on insufficient grounds.
- A student requiring leave for a day or a part of a day should apply for it through proper channel and get counter signature on the leave from persist in Academic calendar then proceed.
Attitude to teachers and institution staff
- Students must always show their honour and respect to their lecturers and institution staff.
- Students are encouraged to know their teachers and give them an opportunity to know them too.
- Students must respect the authorities and teaching/non-teaching staff of other college. When they have occasion to visit other colleges, student should scrupulously observe the traditions and regulations of those institutions, and refrain from any action that might disturb their peace and order.
- Boys: Formal shirts and trousers (pants) with formal shoes
- Girls: Salwar Kameez, Decent dress. Jeans, T-Shirts, skirts, sleeveless dress, sports shoes are not permitted.
Students have to wear aprons in the campus during the practical and clinical classes in hospital and laboratory. It is also mandatory for the interns to wear aprons during their period of internship. Aprons should not be worn outside the campus. Wearing identity card is compulsory in campus.
Care of property
Students of JSSAMC should look upon College property and building., laboratories, halls, and classrooms with a sense of special pride, and refrain from any action that would disfigure or damage them. Offenders in this regard shall be severely dealt with by the College authorities.
All students must realize that they are the guardians of this institution and their conduct should at all times reflect their legitimate pride in JSSAMC and all it stands for. They should remember that they are expected to learn more at JSSAMC, far more than how to pass their examination.
Conduct and Discipline of students
- 1. It shall be the bounden duty of every student to abide by the rules and regulations of JSSAMC and to conduct himself with discipline and decorum in all places and under all circumstances.
- Every student shall attend classes regularly and punctually and shall refrain from any action that may disturb the smooth working of JSSAMC.
- Students shall be clean and decorous in dress, language and behaviour.
- Smoking, use of alcohol and drugs are strictly prohibited inside JSSAMCe premises. Students shall not enter JSSAMC drunk.
- Every student shall salute the members of the teaching staff and higher authorities whenever they meet them within JSSAMC premises or outside.
- When a teacher enters a classroom, the students shall rise and remain standing till they are directed to sit or the teacher takes his seat.
- No student will be allowed inside the class after teacher enters class. When classes are in session, students shall not enter or leave the classrooms without the permission of the teachers concerned.
- Students who may be free during class time shall not loiter in the veranda or in JSSAMC premises. They should sit in the Library/Reading room.
- Every student shall handle JSSAMC property with care and shall do everything in his limits to preserve cleanliness and tidiness of the furniture, building and the premises. Students shall not disfigure the walls, doors, windows, furniture, etc., with bills, engraving, etc.
- Loss or damage or disfigurement caused to the property/materials of JSSAMC will be recovered by realizing double the loss or damages so incurred from the concerned students or through a collective fine covering all the students.
- Except in the meeting of the various College Associations, no student shall address any gathering in JSSAMC premises without special permission of the Principal.
- Cell phones are strictly prohibited in JSSAMC premises. Possession of mobile phones of any variety inside the classes and hospital during working hours is strictly forbidden. If found in the possession of any student, the instrument will be immediately confiscated and fine will be levied.
- During free time, students are advised to make use of the facilities like library, indoor games, or seek academic assistance from teachers.
- Visitors (parents, friends, etc.) may contact the college office for any assistance. Such visitors shall not go directly to the classrooms for any purpose.
- Students are not allowed to form any College society or club without prior permission of the Principal/ Management.
- No outside person shall be invited to address a class or College club without the explicit written permission of the Principal. No tours or picnics of any society may be arranged without the prior permission of the Principal, nor shall this permission be given unless a member of the staff assumes responsibility for the excursion.
- The organizers of class socials or get-togethers must abide by the rules of JSSAMC. No outsiders are allowed for these events.
- Students must park their two-wheelers only in parking space. Sitting on parked vehicles and/or in the parking space is prohibited and liable for punishment. (Students of JSS Ayurveda Medical College who misbehave at another college, or in any public place, or who bring discredit in any way upon themselves or upon JSSAMC are liable for punishment).
- Megaphones, loudspeakers, mobile phones, etc., should not be used in the campus without the permission of the Principal. Posters, flags, memorial tombs, floral arches, festoons, etc., should not be displayed in the campus.
- Indecent behaviour towards the opposite sex will not be tolerated.
- Students shall not invite or encourage outsiders to enter the campus.
- Demonstrations/campaigning of any type, at any time during the working days of the college are strictly prohibited within the campus.
- Rioting/ agitating against another group of students or against members of staff/ Principal/ Management for any reason whatsoever is prohibited.
- Ragging/ teasing/ intimidating/ harassing/ using words of abuse, etc. against juniors, especially female students within the campus or outside is punishable/crime under Police Act, and such matters will be immediately reported to the police. Students involved in such acts will be adequately punished as follows:
i. Imprisonment upto 2 years
ii. Fine up to a sum of Rs. 10,000/- &
iii. Dismissal from the college
- In all matters not specified in the forgoing rules, students shall aim at conducting themselves respecting the rights of others so as to establish and maintain good tradition and reputation of the institution.
- The authority of the Principal and Administration extends outside the campus also.
- Any further rules and regulations framed by the management and the principal from time to time shall also be binding to all.
- Political activism is strictly banned in the campus vide judgement of the Hon’ble High Court of Karnataka. Students are forbidden to organize or attend meetings other than official ones. Students resorting to strike are strictly prohibited from entering even the campus.
- Management reserves the right of making any addition or deletion from or alteration to the above rules and regulations. In all matters whether covered or not in the existing rules the management decision shall be final.
- Any disputes regarding administrative or academic affairs of the institutions are subject to the courts of Mysuru only. Management reserves the right of not allowing the student to the college/ hostel premises if he/she is found to be involved in any police/ court case, which is against the interests of the institution.
All students and parents shall study all the code of conduct rules and acknowledge it in writing and submit the undertaking to the Principal and Administrator in the format mentioned below.