B.A.M.S (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) is the comprehensive qualification degree in Ayurvedic medicine.
Admission commences after the announcement of PUC results
Duration: Degree Course duration: 5-1/2 years.
- I Year BAMS – 12 months
- II Year BAMS – 12 months
- III Year BAMS – 12 months
- IV Year BAMS – 18 months
- Internship – 12 months
To enroll for Ayurveda graduation course (B.A.M.S.), the candidate must meet the following entry criteria.
- He or she should have passed PUC (12th Standard) with Science with at least 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. or
- Any other equivalent qualification recognized by State Governments and State Education Boards concerned with the examinations.
- The candidates are interviewed to determine the aptitude for taking up the degree and are selected on the basis of their performance in the interview and their PUC ranking.
- The candidate should be 17 years of age (minimum) as on 31st December in the year of admission.
Admission procedure for out of state students
Students of other state should attach an eligibility certificate from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, along with the application.
Admission procedure for foreign students
A foreign national seeking admission should enclose the following certificates with the application:
- An eligibility certificate from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- A clearance certificate obtained from Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India, New Delhi.
- No objection certificate from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, in case of candidates having other qualification not mentioned in the prospectus as equivalent of Karnataka State P.U.C Examination.
- A regular student should produce Visa/ Long Term Visa (for further details, they are required to refer to the Memorandum No. A1/FR/51(86) dated 1-4-1986, issued by the office of the DG (intelligence), Bangalore). Need to produce a copy of medical screening.